Thanks so much for your interest in attending this year’s American Meteorological Society conference. The conference will be held Jan 22nd-Jan 27th. We have two hotel rooms: one booked from Jan 21-Jan 28, the other booked from Jan 22-Jan 28. Each can fit four people. We also have enough funding to send 13 people, so we can send 8 in person and 5 virtually to AMS. We also have funding for 2 people to attend just the student conference remotely.
We got this funding based on responses that were submitted on-time to the Google form. Based on this, we have the following distribution:
In-person, funded by outside orgs (so not counted towards the numbers above): Jack, Jacob, Julian, Julie, Josh, Aidan
In person, funded by CCAMS (max 8): Anthony, Gabe, Everest, Luke, Kinen, Henning, Harrison, Ethan
Remote (student and regular conference): Erik, Rohan, Rochelle, Ben, Nicole
Remote (student conference only): Linsai
We need you all to do a few things.
- LET US KNOW ASAP IF THE ABOVE INFORMATION IS INCORRECT
- Renew AMS Student Membership ($20)
- This is NOT funded- you have to use your own money, but it comes with a lot of other benefits!
- Register for BOTH the Student and Main Conference ($60 + $165) BY DEC. 1ST
- This will be reimbursed- KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS.
- Book Flights (if applicable) that work with above dates
- We CANNOT guarantee funding for travel, but we will likely be able to at least partially reimburse- KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS.
- BOOK FOR WHICHEVER DAY IS CHEAPER- 21 OR 22. SEND ME THE DETAILS AS SOON AS YOU CAN!
We’re so excited to see y’all there!
Jacob, Cornell Weather